Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
1. What is your favorite item of clothing?
Now aka Winter – Victoria’s Secret PINK boyfriend sweats, t-shirt layered with tank underneath, my desparately in need of retirement UGGs (once were baby blue now look like something pulled up from the bottom of the ocean floor), hat, scarf, hoodie, long sleeved t-shirt
2. What are your biggest obsessions?
handbags, makeup (obsessive)
3. Who inspires you?
is it bad if I really don’t have anyone that jumps out??? I’m not really a follower of anyone and I don’t mean that snotty like it comes across
4. Who is your favorite designer and why?
lol, no clue … I live in sweats!
5. What is your favourite song ever?
always loved Fancy by Reba McIntire or Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter … never get sick of Sugarland or Spill Canvas – gotta love my hometown band
6. What is your favourite song right now?
oh wow, right now love to sing Gunpowder and Lead at the top of my lungs in my car and I like Britney’s new one … "one, two, three … "
7. If you were a sweet what would it be?
nice question, some kinda truffle in dark chocolate with carmel in side with red stripes on top
8. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet- what words would describe your rainbow?
makeup, shimmer, handbags, flips, sunshine, flowers
9. Whats your favorite film?
always love Disney’s Sleeping Beauty
10. Who's your favorite actor?
Johnny Depp – fell in love back when I was like 5 yrs old watching Edward Scissorhands
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
Disneyland!!! I love California though in general
12. What are your three favorite smells?
Victoria’s Secret SuperModel, Pure Seduction, & sugar cookies
13. What are your three favorite tastes?
Strawberry (actual fruit), Cherry (hate actual cherries but like the artificial taste) and this orange, peach, mango juice – yumm!
14. What is your most treasured possession?
well, right now I’m still pretty much loving my Madison Audrey Ocelot … I don’t really consider people a possession but I’m very happy to have my mom, grandparents, Ben, & Tay
15. What did you always want to do/be when you grew up?
I wanted to be the First Lady PRESIDENT! Seriously! I had a shirt that I would wear a lot! Funny now because I don’t get into politics nor do I understand it in the least!
16. If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be?
Cookies n’ Cream
17. If someone made a short film of your life, who would play you?
I don’t really care but it sure as heck would NOT be Angelina Jolie – can’t stand her and find her funny looking … YOU CAN NOT BE A HUMANITARIAN IF YOU STEAL SOMEONE’S HUSBAND!!!
18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of?
being outside, perhaps a hike with Ben, lil’ shopping @ an outdoor mall and then s quiet evening at home watching movies til I fell asleep
19. If you were a flower, what would you be?
Tell me a random thing.
I do not know how to burp
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer
- Laura Geller Tinted Spackle UnderMakeup Primer
- Laura Geller Phenomenal Foundation in Medium
- Benefit Pressed Powder Get Even in 02 Medium or Stila's Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium
- Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Baked Powder (blush)
- Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose GoldBenefit High Beam
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara or CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
- NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Lollipop & Tea Rose
- Sigma Pro Complete Brush Set
- & of course Clean & Clear Oil Blotting Sheets :)
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
- Balance N Brighten foundation
- Bronze N Brighten powder
- Ethereal Rose Baked all-over face powder
- Baked Marble eye shadow duo in amethyst/lagoon
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Moisturizer - Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer been using this since April & it does not add oil to my already oily face nor does it make me breakout
- Primer - Stila's Hydrating Primer SPF 15 & Laura Geller's Spackle Under-Makeup Primer been using LG longer, it has a "wet/moisturizing" feel while Stila is still new to me and the product feels thicker
- Foundation - Stila's Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation & Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation still a lover of LG's Balance n Brighten, I'm loving Stila's liquid foundations to add some moisture to my skin during the winter months P.S. LOVE using my Sigma SS190
- Powder - Stila's Sheer Pressed Powder AMAZING, put on after foundation and my skin stays matte and very lil' oil
- Blush - Benefit Dallas, Physican's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush & Highlighter in Rosy Glow Dallas is a bronzer/blush without the shimmer, very warm look. Physican's Formula was hard to use at first but sooo many colors you can use
- Luminizer - Benefit High Beam Never tried anything like this, it really brings out cheekbones
- Primer - Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Shadow - this varies as I pull out forgotten palettes and try new shadows sorry I'm not more specific but it's been a lot of natural colors because of work
- Liner - I do NOT LIKE pencil eyeliner & most generally use shadow to line use darker shades from eyeshadow palettes
- Mascara - Maybelline Lash Stiletto & CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Lash Stiletto makes my lashes exremely long, classy, and sophisticated (if lashes can look like that!) & Lashblast Volume adds not only volume but also makes them long
- Lipstick - Estee Lauder Pure Color Lasting Lipstick in Pinkberry "go to" lip color, nude/pink & I LOVE the SCENT of Estee Lauder lip products
- Gloss - Benefit I'm with the Band a warm, shimmery pink
- Benefit Celebutante Set
- Stila's Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe
- Sephora's Blockbuster Palette 2009
- Benefit Glitz Glam & Gloss Set
- Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection this works so well for work, can only wear natural eye
Monday, November 23, 2009
- Dooney & Bourke handbags and accessories from the IT collection
- Victoria's Secret Pink Boyfriend sweats
- Victoria's Secret Pink hoodie
If anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep you posted on when I list and the links :)
Anyone who would like to throw some tips my way about selling on Ebay I would love forever!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Review: Stila Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe - Medium
I'm modeling this review from the review I left on Sephora.com
First off, when I went to Sephora on the way home from a trip to Branson, Missouri I somehow ignored this foundation set. I gave it a look over and honestly saw that it had liquid foundation and thought "Hell, no!" Never been a fan of liquid but this set has won me over!
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this sampler set! I was looking for other options for coverage besides powders - lover of Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten but I wanted to try a liquid formula for the winter. Oily during the summer months, my skin turns dry in the winter months and liquid coverage just sounds like it would be more appealing due to the change in weather.
These are very GENEROUS SAMPLE SIZES. I have yet to use one up!
My favorites are the Natural Finish Oil Free foundation and the Illuminating foundation. I have yet to "run low" and have used both SEVERAL TIMES. The coverage of both are simply amazing - "like butta" but in a good way, just blends effortlessly :) I have been using my Sigma liquid foundation brush for application.
Natural Finish Oil Free gives a matte look and probably the one I will repurchase fullsized. I find that the Illuminating foundation is just as good but it leaves a dewy glow - which I like, but I tend to pat on Stila Sheer Powder after foundation application to "set" my makeup and prevent premature shininess ;) Sooo, to get to my point - the Illuminating finish is gone after I have applied powder on top and looks the same as the Natural Finish Oil Free foundation.
The blush is even bigger than what I would consider a DELUXE SAMPLE and it's easy to apply and blend! Oh, and although I was a bit skeptical, I tried it on my lips - I like it! Not moisturizing (it doesn't claim to be) but I apply a clear gloss and it's beautiful!
In love with the primer too! Will buy full size soon! It's white, which I haven't experienced before but I like it! Just a pea size is all you need :)
As far as the tinted moisturizers go, I am not a fan but I don't hate them either. I just like to have more coverage when I put something on my face. I will use it when I'm being lazy or on weekends though. It's good quality.
All the products have SURPASSED ANY EXPECTATIONS I HAD (we will just leave the tinted moisturizers outta this).
I have even contemplated getting another one or 2 sets!!! But I figured that I had better sit down and decide on one or the other and just buy full size because I know I can't go wrong! Very happy I decided to try this!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Good Lord! Let me just say, I absolutely love following all beauty bloggers on here - what they do is a heck of a lot of work! Trying to keep up to date with everything and posting reviews/rants/raves in a timely manner is a job all in itself!
- Smokey Eye Palette
- Shimmering Eye Palette
- Heidi Klum Eye Shadow Palette ... click here for review
I think Victoria's Secret is overlooked as far as makeup. I liked somethings in their old line but this fall they came out with new formulations and the eyeshadows are SUPER SILKY!
- Urban Ammo Eye Palette
- Wallpaper Shadow Box
- Book of Shadows Volume II
MANY, MANY reviews on these already but let me know if you would like me to do one too or just swatches
- Complete professional brush set ... click here for info - Review COMING SOON!
I'm in heaven ;)
- Ultimate Blockbuster
- Round-A-Pout Beach Ball
- Makeup Palette To Go - Warm Tones
- Celebutante Set
- Glitz Glam & Gloss Set
- Coralista Box o' Blush
- Thrrrob Box o' Blush
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Sippin n' Dippin
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Skinny Jeans
- Silky Finish Lipstick in Thrillin' Brazilian
- Silky Finish Lipstick in Ladies Choice
- Lip Gloss in I'm with the Band
- Automatic Lip Liner Pencil duo in Naked Ambition
With the exception of the Celebutante Set, all were purchased off Ebay for a FRACTION OF PRICE! Still playing around with these
- Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Palette - Review COMING SOON!
I believe this will be PERFECT FOR WORK - going to use tonight for first day @ Coach :)
- Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe - Medium
I'm loving all the options Stila offers for coverage :) Review COMING SOON!
Kat Von D
- Rock N Roll Eyeshadow Palette ... Insider Point Perk
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in True Love
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ludwig
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Metal Orchestra
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Gypsy
AMAZING!!! Full sized palettes an absolute MUST TRY!!! Review on ALL COMING VERY SOON!
Whew! I believe that's it! I have my work cut out for me. Seems that by the time I get around to reviewing something there are already enough brillant reviews out there that it would just be overkill for me to do one too.
Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts?
Monday, November 9, 2009
- 0.17 oz Eye Shadow Trio in Gold Glow (gold/ bronze/ ivory)
- 0.32 oz Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold (peachy pink sheen)
- 0.31 oz Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium
- 0.04 oz Lip Rouge Liquid Lip Satin in Pucker (bright pink red)
- 0.04 oz Long Wear Lip Color in Flushed (deep rose sheen)
- 0.28 oz Lash Visor in Black
- 0.08 oz Plumping Lip Glaze in Minty Mint (soft gold)
- 0.04 oz Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz (apricot nude)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Adds a shimmery "POP" to your basic neutrals
- Very GENEROUS SIZE
- @ first I wasn't sold on it ... I don't think I really knew how to use it as a highlighter at first
- It is very subtle but gives you a nice gleem (is that a word?)
- HUGE, this will last a VERY, VERY, LONG TIME
Sheer Pressed Powder
- My FAVORITE PART of the set
- Put on AFTER PRIMER and BEFORE FOUNDATION and OIL-FREE ALL DAY (I have very oily skin but also dry in areas)
- Only comes in MEDIUM in this set
- ALREADY BOUGHT ANOTHER
- Can't give a reveiw because I haven't even opened it yet (have WAY TOO MANY mascaras waiting to be used)
Kajal Eye Liner
- Undecided - It's FLESH TONE
- "wide awake" look not quite achievable
Long Wear Lip Color
- LOVE IT!
- Powdery pink tint
- NOT DRYING
Lip Rouge Liquid Lip Stain
- Great for PIN-UP DOLL LOOK
- FELT TIP like a sharpie
- Major STAYING POWER
- VERY RED, just sucked on a popcicle red
Lip Plumping Glaze
- DIDN'T find it PLUMPING :(
- MINTY SCENT
- BEAUTIFUL when LAYERED ON TOP of LONG WEAR LIP COLOR
- SHIMMERY NUDE
*I didn't include the pencil sharpener in the pics ... just your basic metal sharpener, though I heard that it's especially meant to sharpen the Kajal Pencil
Swatches of the Eyeshadow Trio - VERY PIGMENTED!
- Definitely worth the price even if you only find 2 things you like
- Lip Glaze is $22 & Sheer Pressed Powder is $28 if purchased separately
- With such an amazing price I can't think of any :)
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tomorrow is payday which means:
1. Can finally get my car's oil changed - definitely due and I won't feel guilty driving my car and wondering if it's pastdue.
2. Time to stock up my savings account with some more cushion :) I did a GREAT JOB this summer stocking up my savings account (several thousand, actually) but I have paid several months worth of student loans and when I went to Coach last month I had to dip into the funds a lil' bit.
3. I get paid once a month so each paycheck is well needed and I feel like it's a fresh start! Aaahhh!
Problem is, I have already thought of several makeup "essentials" that I would really appreciate! And there is Sephora's Friends and Family Discount - tough desicions! I held back last month and did NOT purchase the Sigma Pro Brush Set (so many GREAT RAVES on youtube about these brushes! Comparable to MAC?!)
I guess we'll just see how much this check really is before I make any decisions, but I have a feeling tomorrow will be shopping day ;)
Monday, October 26, 2009
I tried Bare Minerals - without success. Here's my experience with Bare Minerals. I guess the one good thing that did come out of battling with Bare Minerals is that I found out Bismuth Oxychloride is NOT MY FRIEND ;)
Anyways, I wanna try Everyday Minerals. It seems like there is no trace of Bismuth Oxychloride. I'm completely clueless as to what kind of formula to purchase though. I have oily skin but around my nose and chin tend to get a lil' dry with powders. Intensive? Matte? Semi-matte? & are the sample sizes worth the $2.50 plus shipping for the amount you get?
Someone please help!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
I originally walked in to VS thinking I would see if they had any of the blush beads that I had seen in one of the latest magazines ( I would give credit to the magazine but I honestly am not sure what magazine it was. Cosmopolitan perhaps???). The blush beads are very similar to Guerlain's Meteorite beads (Pink Fresh shade) but much more wallet friendly. VS's is only $22.
To my astonishment, the store actually had a full display of the "Heidi Klum Luminous Face Powder Gems". I was beyond excited until I read the list of ingredients (lil' OCD, I know. But I had a horrible breakout/infection from Bismuth Oxychloride) and stumbled upon that B-word! UGH!
The packaging is BEYOND BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING that I actually debated on whether or not to still use my FREE $20 giftcard and pay $2 for the blush beads! Can you believe it, the packaging itself was luring me into possibly having another breakout. I figured for 2 BUCKS I could give it a try but then realized just how "luminous" the beads truely are and decided even if I only paid 2 bucks for something a skin irritation was just not worth 2 bucks.
But FREE MONEY is just that, FREE MONEY that must be spent or it'll burn a hole right through your wallet and most likely through your favorite bag ;) All the items in the new Heidi Klum line are GORGEOUS and I fell in love with the eyeshadow palette. Beyond all else, I am a total eyeshadow junkie.
And drumroll, please. Here are the pics from the much-hyped line :)
My apologies for the poor lighting. I need to figure out the best place to take pics still.
The inside: Champagne, Nude, Berry, Violet, Black
The colors are shimmery - especially the berry & violet. The black is the only shadow that isn't shimmery. There was even a card on display that gave ideas on how you could apply the shadow.
The swatches! Don't let my bad picture-taking skills fool you, these are very pigmented and I was really impressed with the staying power. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance with all eyeshadows b/c I have oily eyelids. I tend to have a lil' less faith with random makeup brands like Victoria's Secret (stores that specialize in something but try and branch out in makeup).
From left to right: (same order as palette) Champagne, Nude, Berry, Violet, Black
*Sephora Blockbuster Palette
*Stila Gift of Appreciation
*Kat Von D (Insider 500 pt perk)
*Stila Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe (have yet to try this out)
*Several Urban Decay shadow boxes (including Book of Shadows Volume II)
*Sephora Brand Makeup Palette to Go (warm colors)
*& some Victoria Secret eye shadow palettes
*Plus random drugstore buys :)
I get so caught up reading everyone else's blogs & then think, "oh! I should review this too!" Just easily distracted, lol. They will be coming shortly though!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I had been using about 5 or 6 months when I started to develop hard bumps under the skin's surface. Especially on my cheekbones. They would also turn into white bumps sorta like a white head but much worse than your typical white head. I ended up resorting back to Proactiv and having to get on an oral antibiotic to clear the darn mess up.
I used the whole sha-bang: Bare Minerals Foundation, Warmth, Mineral Veil, & the Prime Time make up primer. My friend that had gone along with me to try Bare Minerals only uses the foundation and thought my breakouts could be due to the Prime Time.
I have NEVER had bad acne, even during my highschool days people alway complimented me on my skin. I had been an avid Proactiv user since 2003 (never had "acne" but when you're a teen any lil' blemish can melt your world) but stopped using it in the spring of 2008 because I had heard it was too rough on skin.
Well, now having that scary experience in the past, I would like to keep it there. I use Proactiv again and I am scared to death to use Bare Minerals. I tried using Bare Minerals again this summer b/c South Dakota summers are always so humid and I have oily skin to begin with. I thought Bare Minerals would help absorb some of the oily-ness that the humidity added to my face. After about 2 wks I started to notice some minor blemishes/bumps and immediately threw Bare Minerals to the back of my makeup clutter. And that's where it has remained ever since.
Has any one else had this problem??? I have given it several chances and even for some unknown reason ordered a summer kit off QVC in July. I wanna love Bare Minerals but I have even worn the Prime Time the past two days and have noticed a hard bump on my cheekbone. It could just be a blemish but why take the risk?
Still love other Bare ESCENTUALS products. I have MANY eyeshadows and kits, Buxom Lips, and blushes. After doing some research this past spring, I think I have found that the ingredient "Bismuth" is what sets it off for me. I try and look @ labels now before buying makeup and steer clear of that B-word b/c it's a real Bitch!
Monday, October 12, 2009
The saying, "don't judge a book by its cover" - well, I definitely am drawn to makeup due to its packaging. Total sucker, especially if I only walk down a makeup aisle or browse through Sephora. This line reminds me so much of Urban Decay but everything that Hard Candy offers @ Walmart is under $10. The punk/edgy packaging and the colors are amazing! This isn't your everyday makeup :)
***Click on pic so that you can read the colors
I also bought some Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer but was NOT A FAN :( Naughty, I know, but I returned it after trying it out. Maybe the color was wrong but it looked horrible and showed on my face.
Alright, the Kal-Eye-Descope Baked Eyeshadow Duos are my absolute favorite! The swatches were very hard to photograph - they are VERY PIGMENTED :) The color payoff is very much like how the shadows look in the pots - INTENSE. And there is A LOT of shadow in each pot. They remind me of Laura Geller Baked Shadow pots only Hard Candy's are probably double the size and raised up like a beach ball.
1st Rock N Roll - shimmery, light and dark lilac purples
2nd Rush Hour - shimmery, copper browns
3rd Secret Rendezvous - shimmery, light pink and wine
In the Shadows Eyeshadow Collection in Splendid was a bit of a let down. This palette took me the longest to pick when in the aisle @ Walmart - probably stood there trying to decide on just a palette for 10mins!
The swatches look more in the lavendar family but if you look back to the Hard Candy haul pic, you can see the second color from the left looks like a medium blue and the farthest to the right is suppose to be the darkers color - black. It also comes with a lil' eye primer (I stick with Too Faced Shadow Insurance).
It takes A LOT OF RUBBING to get any kind of color payoff from these and they are kind of chalky like and crumble easily b/c you really have to put some muscle into digging the color out. Would NOT RECOMMEND even though the colors look pretty in this picture.
The Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll is AMAZING! I forgot to do a swatch of this, my apologies :( It looks like the MAC Mineralized blushes (although since I do not have any MAC that is all the comparing I will do). It's a very bright, shimmery pink with flecks of yellow in it. I love it! It's buildable and it says on the back of the compact that you can use it dry for a "soft" application or wet for an "intense, dramatic" look. I have never heard of using blush wet and have only used it dry.
The Walk the Line Liquid Eye Liner colors are gorgeous and Flipside (the metalic navy) has amazing staying power. Does not come off until you want it to! Licorice (black with multicolor glitter) is a lil' harder to apply and get a fine line without gaps due to the glitter.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Blush Crush Baked Blush and the Kal-Eye-Descope Baked Eyeshadow Duos - in fact, I will probably be adding to my collection during the next trip to Walmart.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Wish List - Christmas is coming up! *I've tossed around the idea of just telling family that I would rather have whatever they were going to spend on material gifts to be given to a _______ what's that word ... foundation, gosh what am I trying to think of ... hmm, that I will come up with later. And if you know me @ all, I will most likely already have purchased this stuff by Christmas. *thought of the word FOUNDATION!
- purse hook I have invested (yes, INVESTED) in several bags in the past year and I baby them like no other. Even named them. Juicy Couture - Juicy Lou and Coach - Zoe. Lil' cookoo, I know. But when you spend that kind of money it's like going through labor to have a kid and you have EARNED the right to name your baby ; )
- several sephora items ... get to that later
Oh, and so excited! On a recent trip to Branson, Missouri I found the greatest lip balm! It's the cutest lil' thing:
Saturday, March 21, 2009
I was estatic to hear about this (actually I have a tube of Jergens self tanner on my nightstand)! I'm a fresh 22 year old and I have been thinking about my past bad habits and how to turn over a new leaf. I have tanned for YEARS and only now taking a serious step towards making my skin as healthy as possible - I have stopped tanning - I can't undo the sun damage I have but I can take an active step in preventing future sun damage.
Go pledge! It only takes a second and you're donating to a great foundation ... because everyone's out in the sun!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Ben would rather be the photographer I guess ...
That ain't a redbull smile - running on pure adrenaline rush!