Monday, November 30, 2009
- Balance N Brighten foundation
- Bronze N Brighten powder
- Ethereal Rose Baked all-over face powder
- Baked Marble eye shadow duo in amethyst/lagoon
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Moisturizer - Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer been using this since April & it does not add oil to my already oily face nor does it make me breakout
- Primer - Stila's Hydrating Primer SPF 15 & Laura Geller's Spackle Under-Makeup Primer been using LG longer, it has a "wet/moisturizing" feel while Stila is still new to me and the product feels thicker
- Foundation - Stila's Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation & Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation still a lover of LG's Balance n Brighten, I'm loving Stila's liquid foundations to add some moisture to my skin during the winter months P.S. LOVE using my Sigma SS190
- Powder - Stila's Sheer Pressed Powder AMAZING, put on after foundation and my skin stays matte and very lil' oil
- Blush - Benefit Dallas, Physican's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush & Highlighter in Rosy Glow Dallas is a bronzer/blush without the shimmer, very warm look. Physican's Formula was hard to use at first but sooo many colors you can use
- Luminizer - Benefit High Beam Never tried anything like this, it really brings out cheekbones
- Primer - Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Shadow - this varies as I pull out forgotten palettes and try new shadows sorry I'm not more specific but it's been a lot of natural colors because of work
- Liner - I do NOT LIKE pencil eyeliner & most generally use shadow to line use darker shades from eyeshadow palettes
- Mascara - Maybelline Lash Stiletto & CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Lash Stiletto makes my lashes exremely long, classy, and sophisticated (if lashes can look like that!) & Lashblast Volume adds not only volume but also makes them long
- Lipstick - Estee Lauder Pure Color Lasting Lipstick in Pinkberry "go to" lip color, nude/pink & I LOVE the SCENT of Estee Lauder lip products
- Gloss - Benefit I'm with the Band a warm, shimmery pink
- Benefit Celebutante Set
- Stila's Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe
- Sephora's Blockbuster Palette 2009
- Benefit Glitz Glam & Gloss Set
- Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection this works so well for work, can only wear natural eye
Monday, November 23, 2009
- Dooney & Bourke handbags and accessories from the IT collection
- Victoria's Secret Pink Boyfriend sweats
- Victoria's Secret Pink hoodie
If anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep you posted on when I list and the links :)
Anyone who would like to throw some tips my way about selling on Ebay I would love forever!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Review: Stila Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe - Medium
I'm modeling this review from the review I left on Sephora.com
First off, when I went to Sephora on the way home from a trip to Branson, Missouri I somehow ignored this foundation set. I gave it a look over and honestly saw that it had liquid foundation and thought "Hell, no!" Never been a fan of liquid but this set has won me over!
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this sampler set! I was looking for other options for coverage besides powders - lover of Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten but I wanted to try a liquid formula for the winter. Oily during the summer months, my skin turns dry in the winter months and liquid coverage just sounds like it would be more appealing due to the change in weather.
These are very GENEROUS SAMPLE SIZES. I have yet to use one up!
My favorites are the Natural Finish Oil Free foundation and the Illuminating foundation. I have yet to "run low" and have used both SEVERAL TIMES. The coverage of both are simply amazing - "like butta" but in a good way, just blends effortlessly :) I have been using my Sigma liquid foundation brush for application.
Natural Finish Oil Free gives a matte look and probably the one I will repurchase fullsized. I find that the Illuminating foundation is just as good but it leaves a dewy glow - which I like, but I tend to pat on Stila Sheer Powder after foundation application to "set" my makeup and prevent premature shininess ;) Sooo, to get to my point - the Illuminating finish is gone after I have applied powder on top and looks the same as the Natural Finish Oil Free foundation.
The blush is even bigger than what I would consider a DELUXE SAMPLE and it's easy to apply and blend! Oh, and although I was a bit skeptical, I tried it on my lips - I like it! Not moisturizing (it doesn't claim to be) but I apply a clear gloss and it's beautiful!
In love with the primer too! Will buy full size soon! It's white, which I haven't experienced before but I like it! Just a pea size is all you need :)
As far as the tinted moisturizers go, I am not a fan but I don't hate them either. I just like to have more coverage when I put something on my face. I will use it when I'm being lazy or on weekends though. It's good quality.
All the products have SURPASSED ANY EXPECTATIONS I HAD (we will just leave the tinted moisturizers outta this).
I have even contemplated getting another one or 2 sets!!! But I figured that I had better sit down and decide on one or the other and just buy full size because I know I can't go wrong! Very happy I decided to try this!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Good Lord! Let me just say, I absolutely love following all beauty bloggers on here - what they do is a heck of a lot of work! Trying to keep up to date with everything and posting reviews/rants/raves in a timely manner is a job all in itself!
- Smokey Eye Palette
- Shimmering Eye Palette
- Heidi Klum Eye Shadow Palette ... click here for review
I think Victoria's Secret is overlooked as far as makeup. I liked somethings in their old line but this fall they came out with new formulations and the eyeshadows are SUPER SILKY!
- Urban Ammo Eye Palette
- Wallpaper Shadow Box
- Book of Shadows Volume II
MANY, MANY reviews on these already but let me know if you would like me to do one too or just swatches
- Complete professional brush set ... click here for info - Review COMING SOON!
I'm in heaven ;)
- Ultimate Blockbuster
- Round-A-Pout Beach Ball
- Makeup Palette To Go - Warm Tones
- Celebutante Set
- Glitz Glam & Gloss Set
- Coralista Box o' Blush
- Thrrrob Box o' Blush
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Sippin n' Dippin
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Skinny Jeans
- Silky Finish Lipstick in Thrillin' Brazilian
- Silky Finish Lipstick in Ladies Choice
- Lip Gloss in I'm with the Band
- Automatic Lip Liner Pencil duo in Naked Ambition
With the exception of the Celebutante Set, all were purchased off Ebay for a FRACTION OF PRICE! Still playing around with these
- Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Palette - Review COMING SOON!
I believe this will be PERFECT FOR WORK - going to use tonight for first day @ Coach :)
- Made in Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe - Medium
I'm loving all the options Stila offers for coverage :) Review COMING SOON!
Kat Von D
- Rock N Roll Eyeshadow Palette ... Insider Point Perk
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in True Love
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ludwig
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Metal Orchestra
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Gypsy
AMAZING!!! Full sized palettes an absolute MUST TRY!!! Review on ALL COMING VERY SOON!
Whew! I believe that's it! I have my work cut out for me. Seems that by the time I get around to reviewing something there are already enough brillant reviews out there that it would just be overkill for me to do one too.
Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts?
Monday, November 9, 2009
- 0.17 oz Eye Shadow Trio in Gold Glow (gold/ bronze/ ivory)
- 0.32 oz Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold (peachy pink sheen)
- 0.31 oz Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium
- 0.04 oz Lip Rouge Liquid Lip Satin in Pucker (bright pink red)
- 0.04 oz Long Wear Lip Color in Flushed (deep rose sheen)
- 0.28 oz Lash Visor in Black
- 0.08 oz Plumping Lip Glaze in Minty Mint (soft gold)
- 0.04 oz Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz (apricot nude)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Adds a shimmery "POP" to your basic neutrals
- Very GENEROUS SIZE
- @ first I wasn't sold on it ... I don't think I really knew how to use it as a highlighter at first
- It is very subtle but gives you a nice gleem (is that a word?)
- HUGE, this will last a VERY, VERY, LONG TIME
Sheer Pressed Powder
- My FAVORITE PART of the set
- Put on AFTER PRIMER and BEFORE FOUNDATION and OIL-FREE ALL DAY (I have very oily skin but also dry in areas)
- Only comes in MEDIUM in this set
- ALREADY BOUGHT ANOTHER
- Can't give a reveiw because I haven't even opened it yet (have WAY TOO MANY mascaras waiting to be used)
Kajal Eye Liner
- Undecided - It's FLESH TONE
- "wide awake" look not quite achievable
Long Wear Lip Color
- LOVE IT!
- Powdery pink tint
- NOT DRYING
Lip Rouge Liquid Lip Stain
- Great for PIN-UP DOLL LOOK
- FELT TIP like a sharpie
- Major STAYING POWER
- VERY RED, just sucked on a popcicle red
Lip Plumping Glaze
- DIDN'T find it PLUMPING :(
- MINTY SCENT
- BEAUTIFUL when LAYERED ON TOP of LONG WEAR LIP COLOR
- SHIMMERY NUDE
*I didn't include the pencil sharpener in the pics ... just your basic metal sharpener, though I heard that it's especially meant to sharpen the Kajal Pencil
Swatches of the Eyeshadow Trio - VERY PIGMENTED!
- Definitely worth the price even if you only find 2 things you like
- Lip Glaze is $22 & Sheer Pressed Powder is $28 if purchased separately
- With such an amazing price I can't think of any :)